Robyn found the recipe here, and we modified it a bit by making our own cornmeal tortillas and refried black beans.
Take a gander (click for larger picture!):
The layers are, from bottom to top:
- Homemade cornmeal tortilla
- Re-fried black beans with sauteed mushrooms and onions
- Two fried eggs (almost invisible in this picture)
- A reduction of pureed tomato, garlic and Serrano pepper (spicy!)
- A mixture of cottage cheese and feta cheese (a substitute for queso fresco, which we couldn't find)
- Crumbled Italian sausage
SO GOOD! We made the tortillas and the black bean mixture the night before, because we knew it would take a while to prepare and assemble everything.
Here's a bonus picture of me rolling out cornmeal tortillas with a bottle of scotch (I don't have a rolling pin)